I recently attended the RAW (Real Authentic Women) Leadership Event by the Freedom Movement held at ROCKHARBOR Church in Costa Mesa, CA. It was a unique event where real women in leadership roles in ministry shared their stories of the good, the bad and the straight-up messy and how victories were discovered through their persistence, obedience and overall trust and faith in God’s promises.
“Keep saying YES. YOU are important.” –Karrie Garcia
I left the event feeling encouraged, inspired, loved on and most importantly equipped to continue to share the truth that God loves his daughters in Christ, and that we are not defined by what we’ve done, or what has been done to us. We are to be his hands and feet in revealing that truth to those who feel they are too far gone to receive it.
Here are some notes I wrote down (quickly) as the speakers shared:
KELLI COLTMAN – ROCKHARBOR CHURCH
“I realized that He wanted to replace ‘dull’ and ‘insignificant’ with ‘humble’ and ‘obedient‘”
- Oftentimes we are looking for the big miraculous Godly thing in our lives but God’s plan may look a lot different than our expectations.
- God is constantly asking, “Do you trust Me?”
- Just as You are You are enough
- Some are called to go to Africa or India, and others are called to other things that are advancing His Kingdom, like parenthood. We trust Him because He is the Designer and He designed us!
JEN JONES – CENTER CHURCH
“Sometimes the hard thing and the right thing are the same thing”
“You will only fail if you quit”
- Oftentimes when things get hard we run. But what were to happen if we endured?
- Few people are really all in. Few people will truly endure the hard and persevere.
- Isaiah 43:2 “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
KENDALL RENEE – SINGER/SONGWRITER
“There is nothing wrong with being Original”
“No one else can tell your story like you can”
- We live in a world, a society where being “trendy” or being the same as everyone else is the norm.
- Being different is a gift. God uses our gift to help pour His love onto others.
- Our experiences in life, both good and hard can and will have an impact on someone. Share your story!
- If you’re feeling like you don’t know what your gift is, or unsure of what your purpose is, God will reveal that to you. Continue to love and support His children and it WILL be revealed to you.
KARRIE GARCIA – FREEDOM MOVEMENT
“I need you. Your sisters need you. God needs you. You have a calling so keep saying YES.”
“The Holy Spirit says, “Yep. You!”
- Women are AMAZING. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, there is a reason you are there.
- YOU are a leader. Even if you are an Usher at Church, YOU are the first person that people see when they show up to church. You are their first smile. The people you smile at may not have been smiled to ALL WEEK.
- The spirit of fear is trying to take us out.
- We are always looking for the BIG and the MIRACULOUS thing. God is in the quiet, the intimate.
- When we continually say Yes, we are agreeing to share that God loves those who think He doesn’t love them.
- We don’t have to perform for God. We’re right in His plan right where we are, right now.
- Our calling will not be what we thought it would look like because we have placed some high-level expectations and when our expectations get lost we think we’re not on track, that we’re not good enough, that our calling doesn’t match up to what we think as BIG callings. With those expectations, we lose focus.
Stay up to date with our sisters at Freedom Movement below: