Well…I turned 28. I’m officially almost 30. Which means I’m getting wiser, right? 😉
Since it’s my birthday and I turned 28, I thought it’d be fun to share 28 random things you may not know about me.
Here they go:
- Israel, India, and Greece are at the top of my travel list. Jesus Christ stepped foot in Israel. How awesome would it be to step foot in the same place that Jesus did? India has an amazing culture. From the fashion to the food and dancing. It seems so lively and colorful and I want to experience all of that. I worked at a Greek restaurant for nearly 10 years, so I consider myself an expert when it comes to Greek food. I would LOVE to have some real authentic Greek food in Greece and meet some amazing people and see all the amazing architecture.
- When I feel overwhelmed or stressed I clean our house. The whole house. When I was pregnant, nesting was nothing new to me. This is bittersweet for my husband.
- In 3rd grade, I lost a spelling bee for misspelling “camouflage” Can ANYONE spell camouflage? Let alone a freakin 3rd grader! If so, they’re lying. You’re lying. Don’t lie. Also, did I spell it right here??
- I was born in Denver, CO and haven’t been there since. If you count stepping foot in the Denver airport, then disregard my previous statement…but I don’t think that counts.
- I like country music. Sorry.
- I’m obsessed with Law and Order: SVU. That’s probably why I don’t trust anyone.
- My first time in New York I rented a car. People thought this was weird. I needed to get around, right? #CaliforniaGirlProblems
- I have a scar on my right eyebrow from rolling down our stairs on a grocery store ball and running into the banister. Good idea? I thought so….still do.
- I randomly get urges to do new hobbies. My newest obsession: gift wrapping. Which means I need to buy more gifts. Which means I am more giving. Winning?
- I hate sharing food. Hate it. I ordered this. It’s good. You should’ve gotten it too. What am I going to teach our children!?!?
- I think cold pizza is the most disgusting thing on the planet. Pizza should be hot. Always. Period.
- I took a piano class in college. I got a B. I don’t know how to play the piano. AT ALL.
- I’ve never been stung by a bee *knocking on wood as I type this* Although sometimes I wonder what that would feel like. Is that weird? I’m scared.
- Scrabble is one of my favorite board games. My husband and I used to play all the time. He kills me at it. I play dumb words like “tree” and “cat.” He’s a pro and has strategies. Maybe I should read more to extend my vocabulary?
- My family and I are REALLY good at Family Feud. We watch it on the game show network a lot and always get all the number 1 answers. “Good answer. Good answer.” We’re a little honest at times too. I don’t know how we’d do on that show because we’d be the first ones to tell you “that was NOT a good answer” HA
- I have an obsession with Broadway musicals. I can’t sing or act, but I love other people that can. I sometimes wish my life was a musical. I’ve only seen 1 real musical…but at least it was in New York, so that’s valid.
- I like to make up dance routines in my car while driving. That’s probably dangerous. I should stop.
- I could eat popcorn EVERY DAY. I once went to the movie theater on my lunch break to get popcorn. Popcorn only. The weird thing is that they let me and didn’t think it was strange. So maybe other people have done that too!? Where my popcorn lovers at!?!?
- I’m a horrible cook. This needs no explanation.
- I absolutely hate old fliers. There is nothing worse than seeing a nicely designed, colorful flyer that totally catches your eye to only find out that the super cool event (or whatever) they are promoting was 2 weeks ago! THROW THE FLIER AWAY. PLEASE.
- Growing up, my favorite movie was “The Little Mermaid.” I watched it all day, everyday. Once, my parents lost our VHS tape on vacation, and they had to stop at the nearest store to get a new one. I had little mermaid bed spreads, lamps, dresses, a watch. Seriously, you name it…I had it. Obsessed.
- Every single text I send has an emoji. Seriously. Ask my friends!
- I was a NCAA Division I College Athlete. It’s true. I was a Sprinter on the Track and Field team. Two-a-days, 3 dinners, queen of the ice baths (yeah, right…I hated those things!).
- I often crave green smoothies. You know, some people crave cookies, cake, donuts. Me? Smoothies with kale, spinach, etc… Bring on the Kale! It’s such a quick easy way to get some greens in. Blend it with some fresh fruit and coconut milk and bravo! A yummy delicious drink. You’re welcome.
- I think I want to be a detective. But I’m too scared. Like I said before, one of my favorite shows in the whole entire world is Law and Order: SVU. It’s so intriguing and I’m so fascinated by the way they come to conclusions about cases and get to the bottom of crime scenes and where to start in such complicated cases. Also, my mom watches a lot of shows on the ID Network. So I’ve slowly been getting into them too. SO CRAZY. It makes you wonder if you could do something like that. I mean I crack all the cases while watching the show…so I’m pretty much a detective anyway, so….
- I hate talking on the phone. Hate it. Don’t call me. Text me. Thanks 😉
- I love sushi. I typically choose it whenever it’s my turn to pick our date night spot.
- Being a mother is the best job I’ve ever had. This also needs no explanation. Motherhood is the best hood I’ve been in and I’m ALL about it.
Now what about you? I’d love to hear some quirky stuff about you all? Be sure to leave a comment below!